THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Electricity Lesson

Today we learned about static electricity and how it is connected to magnetism. Electricity has repel and attract elements exactly like magnetism. We went to three different stations to study electricity. Similar to magnetism, I learned that electricity can make two objects attract by having opposite polarity, and two objects can repel by having the same polarity.
At station number one, I took a balloon and rubbed it against my hair, after I held the balloon over 10 scraps of paper. I observed that the paper was attracted to the balloon due to static electricity built up by my hair.
At station number two, I took two 10-inch pieces of tape and taped them perpendicularly with half of the second piece hanging off the table. After, I pulled them both off of the table and held them next to each other. The two pieces of tape were attracted to each other due to opposite polarity created when taping them perpendicular to each other.
At station number three, I took two 10-inch pieces of tape and taped them parallel to each other on the table. After waiting for two minutes I pulled the two pieces of tape off the table and held them next to each other. I observed that the two pieces of tape repelled from each other due to having the same polarity.

0 comments: